We are looking for a paid intern who is a self-starter and can remain highly productive while working from home and wants to make a difference in the world with a mission-driven company. Learn more about our leadership team here.
All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home. You will be an independent contractor.
You will be reporting to Dr. Joshua Lawrence (www.readingresearch.info) and working with the Oslo-based design team. You will be interfacing with schools and educators in the US and Canada.
This is a perfect job for a talented undergraduate or graduate student with experience in education, technology, design, psychology or related fields. Our work is at the intersection of research, education practice, outreach, and design. We value analytic skill, creativity, and attention to detail.
The application process
Go to this link
Have your resume and cover letter prepared.
1) You fill in your name and upload your resume.
2) Fill in the short questions about your fit.
3) Fill in the short multiple-choice questions.
You will be contacted for an interview within a week or two.
We expect you to work between 10 and 15 hours per week to complete projects promptly. You have flexibility in how you manage your time but will need to attend a weekly call. We have work performance reviews and feedback every three months. We start at $10 per hour in this position. You can expect a raise to between $11 and $13 per hour at the first evaluation if the evaluation is positive. We are detail oriented and give clear instructions and expectations; people like working with us.
• High school degree.
• Your own laptop and smartphone with broadband access to the Internet. Two monitor set up is best.
• Quiet location in which to take a phone call
• You will need to be available for morning team calls once or twice a week.
• High proficiency in MS Office (esp Word, PPT) and google docs (esp sheets)
• Technical aptitude. You’re tech-savvy and can quickly figure out new systems.
• Register new users in our online courses.
• Apply detailed formatting guidelines to documents in Microsoft word (making materials for students!)
• Follow detailed direction pertaining to tagging files and webpages, and organizing our virtual products.
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Take detailed minutes of the meeting and then write and distribute emails
• Maintain contact lists and manage lists for our outreach.
The following qualifications are not required, but would be useful:
• Website experience, including design/maintenance of WordPress sites
• Experience creating email marketing campaigns with MailChimp
• Experience creating marketing copy and content for social media, emails, and websites
If you are ready, head over to https://forms.gle/ke1HVUDn6ufQfvWS6